Monday 5 July 2010

Well, it's not like I'll be kissing anyone tonight...

There are certain things that are generally considered unacceptable when in a relationship. Eating half a bulb of garlic for dinner is probably one of them.

I spent the weekend at my parents' house, where the nearby town has an amazing farmers' market on the first Sunday of the month. I bought far too much for one person to consume in the next few days (two patty pan squashes, vast bunch of baby red carrots, vast bunch radishes, goat's cheese, three bulbs of fresh/wet garlic, one bulb smoked garlic, one pack of roasted garlic butter, one pot chilli-apple jelly, one loaf bread), so thought I'd better get started tonight. Here's what I did:

Roast carrots with garlic and feta

80g baby carrots, trimmed but left whole
1/2 bulb of wet garlic
80g or so feta
toast

Toss the carrots and garlic with a little oil and salt, then roast at 200 degrees for 20 minutes or until caramelised. Slice feta. Spread garlic over toast, and munch, happy in the knowledge that no-one's going to complain about your breath later.

No comments:

Post a Comment